Monday, February 22, 2010

pop music


I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about pop music.

we both decided, "ya know what, we like pop music, so shut the fuck up"

i find myself listening to TOP 20 radio more then anything else in the car. It's easy, doesn't require any sort of thought, its catchy, more often than not it is something you can get your groove on to, so really... what's not to love? I will often think to myself, "geez, this has to be the worst song i have ever heard," but the thing about pop music is, who cares?? We all know that most of these people aren't famous or rich for there invaluable ability to create melodic and thoughtful music, but it is there ability to pump out formulaic, catchy, frivilous music. who gives a shit?

some of my favorites right now:









you know you love it.

1 comment:

  1. its funny you included day n night bc before the radio had ever played it, i would not have called it pop. used to be one of my favorite songs but now its been terribly played out like so much other stuff. the crookers are awesome live tho, electro for coke heads haha. i also like imma be tho. and rude boy from rihanna haha

    ReplyDelete