Saturday, May 8, 2010

she's back...


I'm sorry dear friends and followers,

I realize that checking up on this blog (which I KNOW is a part of all of your daily regimens) has gone to waste over the past few months, but that will all change soon!

I have successfully finished my 4 research papers. (I have written 61 pages in the past 3 weeks)!!!!! I can not believe I did it, but I did, and I could not be prouder of myself. I have never been that proud of a person. I do what I need to do, but often it is last minute and not to the best of my capabilities, so it feels excellent to be especially proud of something I poured my heart into. So yes, for once, I AM PROUD, and I am shouting it from the roof tops.

I wont bore any of you to tears with posting my papers, but if for whatever reason, you are especially interested or you are my mother, I will send you my papers.

*The Face of Humanity: Gottfried Helnwein's Treatment of The Child
*Peter Paul Ruben's The Raising of The Cross
*Creating in the Absence of the Artist: The Posthumous Retrospectives of Robert Smithson
*Museum Critique, Post Studio Sculptors, Politics and Performance

Summer is almost here (the papers are done but I have 4 finals this week)!!!!! I could not be more excited. I got a taste of whats to come on Wednesday (CINCO DE MAYO!). We went swimming at Highland Vista (my first swim time in MONTHS, and i realized my first time swimming in that pool with a bathing suit). We started the night off right with margaritas, tequila soaked strawberries, dos equis, and some greens. Then we went to Nile's house for more friends, fun and laughter and of course, MORE BEER. I had a great time and was glad to just relax and not worry for the first time in months. But then I woke up Thursday with the realization that I am not done. boo hooooooo.

It is a damn good thing I love my classes and everything I am learning otherwise I would be such a Negative Nancy.

I love you all and i will see you in a week, when I can really come out of the school shell!

Margaritas and pool time is going to be standard practice this summer!

~manders

1 comment:

  1. Yes to everything. Yes to reading your papers. Yes to swimming. Yes to you doing awesome stuff. Yes to being really happy about summer. YES TO BEING PROUD!!!! Yes to you.

    Yesingly,
    Smog

    P.S. You should say YES to my birthday party on Sunday night. Even if it's only for a few minutes. Even if it's only for one second. I want to see you !!!!

    ReplyDelete